Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Revelation

Hello, everyone. I haven't posted for a while since I've been pretty well health-wise. However, I did have two small episodes of palps...one in October and one in September. They both only lasted about 10 minutes. I am grateful to God that this was so.

The September episode came on at about 2:45 in the morning. During that day, I ate junk food and some caffeine. Actually a lot of junk food. I had my October episode at about 6:30 am while showering for work. I ate two pieces of toast with jam and a couple of sips of coffee - literally.

This is where my new revelation comes in.

This blog is dedicated to try to help us find out the answer to heart palps. In my particular situation, I have overloaded on soy. Or, so I thought. I work for a Japanese company and I am learning to cook in their style. They use a lot of soy products. I don't eat that much because of my fear of palpitations. However, I have had no problems eating their home-cooked foods with soy in it. Hmmm. This got me interested in this soy allergy deeply again. Is it really soy or something else?

I have been trying out different ways of eating. I find that if I eat some soy, I'm OK. No jitters...no uneasyness...no palps. I DID find out that if I ate junk food...read processed food...I have problems. By cutting out soy from my diet, I've cut out processed foods almost completely. But, when I eat processed foods, I feel lousy. I've been eating foods I cook - fresh foods and low/no soy foods. I feel great if I do this two days in a row. As soon as I eat processed foods of any kind, I feel tired and lousy. I've been especially aware of what I eat since I have problems in my back. There is a chunk of calcium built up in my lower back which aches with different magnitudes. When I don't eat processed foods, I feel no to little discomfort. When I eat junk foods, I feel achy. Right now, no one can tell me there is no correlation between eating junk/processed foods and health. I am feeling the difference for myself!

Processed foods include the yummy Japanese treats that my co-workers bring back from Japan. I have been given flavored rice cakes, purple yam chips, these gummy little triangles made from rice flour and filled with sweet pastes. YUM! When I eat these from my stash at work, which I like to do when I get the munchies at about 10 am during the week, I feel lousy by the time I leave work.

You know, I've only had about 3 Doritos chips in the past 2 years?! I haven't had any cheese balls or corn puffs! I have eaten some Munchos, some Lays and some plain Pringles chips because there is no soy in them. I don't care for potato chips too much so it's not a real big sacrifice. But the cheese things I don't eat anymore...well, I used to pig out on them. I absolutely LOVE things with cheese.

Have any of you had any experiences with eating junk food and poor health? Please let me know if you have. At this time, I don't think there are many people out there reading this blog, but I hope someone does who wants to try a simple treatment for a pretty annoying condition.

I only have a few words of wisdom for all of you...STOP THE JUNK FOODS AND PROCESSED FOODS!

I've read that by the time we feel bad and get around to changing our diets to a more healthy diet, it will take about 15 years to actually get to optimum health. This means really sticking with it! You will feel worse during this time because your body is ridding itself of toxins. Stick with it! It will be worth it in the long run. Think about it...we did not destroy our bodies overnight. It took years. It won't be overnight by the time we get to optimum health. Therefore, it will take years to cleanse as best as possible. With all the convenience items we have now, it is hard. But, we can actually reverse a lot of things with changing our diets. I am proving it for myself. A co-worker of mine is proving it to herself and her doctors.

Take care. Be careful of what you eat. Try to keep healthy.

No comments: